What does this mean?
It means that Split Funnel tracking pixel collected impressions for this specific creative-placement on the “Last Updated” date, but the most recent 3PAS report omitted reporting for this creative-placement on the affected date.
What causes the issue and how to address it?
Case #1: The Split Funnel impression pixel is working correctly, but the 3PAS report was configured in a way that filters out reporting for the affected placement-creative [Common]
- How to identify if this is the issue? Does the DCM UI impressions for the placement/creative on the specified date? Did you intend to track the affected activity? “Yes” to both questions indicates this is likely the root cause.
- How to address? Please adjust the filters on your DCM scheduled report to include the affected activity in your DCM report.
Case #2: You intended to not deploy the tracking pixel across the affected activity, but you mistakenly did. You have correctly configured the 3PAS report to filter out this activity [Uncommon]
- How to identify if this is the issue? Does DCM report impressions for the placement/creative in the DCM UI? Did you intend not to track the affected activity? Answering “Yes” and “no” respectively indicates this is likely the root cause.
- How to address? Please adjust the existing tracking pixel to “never apply” it to the affected activity. Please see here for DCM’s documentation on how to do so.
Case #3: The 3PAS report was configured correctly, but the tracking pixel’s macro(s) – used to collect the campaign IDs, placement IDs – were intentionally hardcoded, creating mismatching IDs between Split Funnel and adserver-reported data [Uncommon]
- How to identify if this is the issue? Are you able to locate the affected activity in the DCM Reporting UI (e.g. the partner, campaign, placement, creative IDs)? “No” indicates this is likely the root cause.
- How to address? You, as the advertiser deploying the tracking pixel, will typically be aware if/when the pixel’s macros have been hardcoded. The common use case is to separate activity of the same partner/campaign to report on each separately. Please ignore error messaging regarding these instances, as we work to release a more user friendly solution to addressing hardcoded macros.