If you have read about the reasons why reports may have discrepancies, you can go further and troubleshoot common reporting discrepancies in these ways:
Check that both reports are pulling in the same data
Pull both reports side-by-side by day and line them up to ensure you’re comparing apples to apples for reporting day window. Check whether the discrepancy is on just one day or on multiple days. If the count by day is off, check your timezones: Quantcast provides reports in one of three time zones, GMT, EST, AEST, depending on the geographic region configured on your account. If time zones do not match, the reporting will not align.
Check that the creatives in the report are assigned correctly in Campaign Manager
Have you changed any creatives in your Ad Server? Check that these are rendering correctly in the Ad Server and that you can see them in the Quantcast creative preview. Pull a creative report from your Ad Server and confirm they match with your Quantcast campaign.
Check the campaign configuration in Campaign Manager
Confirm your flights are live (meaning, today is within the flight’s date range). If the flight was not set live (e.g., because it is missing creative assignment), you will be missing this data from your reporting.
Check that the blacklist, whitelist, and geo-targeting setting are the same for all your vendors
- Ensure that you have set up site blacklists or whitelists via the Quantcast self-service campaign configuration tool
- Ensure that you have provided Quantcast with any keyword blacklists you've set up via your ad verification partner
- Review your vendor’s reporting for domains with high block rates, and add these to your blacklist
- Confirm the geos selected on Quantcast are the same as those selected with your other vendor
- Confirm that you have not switched from monitoring tags to blocking. If you have switched to blocking tags, please notify Quantcast using the Help Center support.
Check that your vendor is not experiencing reporting delays
While infrequent, systems tend to experience reporting delays. Check with your other vendor that their system is not missing data due to a known bug or is delayed in providing complete reporting.
Submitting a Reporting Discrepancy for Investigation
If you have used these tips to troubleshoot, and the discrepancy still remains above 10%, please submit a request for investigation to Quantcast via the Help Center support with the information below:
- Summary of the issue. What is the discrepancy? When did this start? Have you made any changes to your other vendors set up (e.g., added keyword blocking)? If so, please provide a change history. What were the changes and when?
- Attach a file with the vendor’s daily reporting at the lowest granularity (e.g., creative by line item by day).
Once submitted, you will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your request for investigation. A Support Team member will reach out within 24 hours after reviewing the investigation to detail next steps. It’s important to note, we are happy to help but because we have limited knowledge of the other vendor’s reporting, this investigation will take time (3-4 weeks) and some back and forth between you and the vendor to investigate.