Installing the Plugin
- Install the Plugin by adding to Chrome
Check that your tag is firing
- After the plugin is installed, navigate to your website
- Check the Quantcast icon in the top right of your chrome browser. If there is a Quantcast tag on the site, you will see a check mark in the Quantcast logo
Troubleshooting: If the tag inspector tool does not detect the tag on the page, use these steps:
- Confirm the tag has been moved to production (your live site, not your staging environment).
- Give it a bit of time. It may take a few minutes for the tag to begin firing, and up to 15 minutes to see a label.
- Check that the tag has not been modified: check the source code (if implemented directly on the site), or access the 3rd-party container tag. Any source code modification may cause the tag to not fire.
If these steps do not resolve the problem, email your Account Team.
Check that your audience segments are being collected
- Click on the Quantcast logo with the checkbox
- A pop-up dialog will load, showing Page name, URL, P-code, Audience Segment (populated under Labels)
Troubleshooting: If the tag inspector tool does not show the correct Audience Segment, follow these steps:
- Access the Configure Audience Segments tool by logging into your Quantcast account, select “Audiences” from the top navigation bar, then “Configure”
- Navigate to the Audience Segment that is not firing correctly
- Edit the rule to reflect the intended condition
- Publish your rules
If these steps do not resolve the problem, connect with your Customer Team.