Quantcast automatically excludes robots and spiders from your traffic count as long as they identify themselves in the User-Agent request header. Traffic generated by Googlebot, monitoring services such as Gomez, and others known to the IAB’s Bot and Spider List will also be excluded from your traffic counts. If you’re using an automated, homegrown means of generating traffic to your site, you should make sure it identifies itself by putting “robot” in the User-Agent.
Articles in this section
- How to Find Your Quantcast Measure Tag
- How does Quantcast treat subdomains?
- What is the date range for the traffic numbers on your site?
- How do you obtain your demographic information?
- Can Quantcast measure Ajax activity?
- How do I exclude bots and spiders from my traffic metrics?
- How can I exclude my internal traffic from my traffic counts?
- For sites that are not Quantified, it says “data is estimated.” What does this mean?